The provision and maintenance of streetlights is an obligatory function of Itarsi Municipal Council. With a view to provide sufficient and uniform light in city roads, markets, institutions and dense traffic junctions of the city, high mast towers are erected and made functional. There are many nos. operational and maintained street light points within the city limits.
The Streetlight Lighting is decentralised in the regions and the streetlight department at the Head Quarters co-ordinates all this activities. The functions of the Streetlight Department can be summarised as stated below:
- Providing street light on all the roads within HMC limits.
- Installing High Masts on all the major traffic junctions.
- Providing Decorative Luminaries and Poles wherever necessary.
- Energy Management so as to cut down on the operation & maintenance expenses on electricity.
- Minimising the Failure rate of the streetlights and hence providing maximum uptime by carrying out regular maintenance works
Register Compliants Regarding Street Lights